DISCLAIMER

This is a privately owned blog. It is not and has never been an official organ of any ecclesiastical organization.

"No one man, or group of men, can himself speak for the Church of Christ. It is nonetheless possible to speak from within the Church, in conformity with Orthodox tradition; and it is this that we shall attempt to do." Fr. Seraphim Rose Orthodox Word #1 Jan-Feb 1965 p. 17

About Joanna Higginbotham

____________________________________________________________
location: Kings Valley, Oregon, (midway between Salem and Newport)
joannahigginbotham@gmail.com

Joanna Higginbotham
21555 Kerber Rd.
Monmouth OR 97561
503-606-2825 leave message




Born:  1950
Raised:  American Protestant in the Midwest USA
Baptized:  1996 
Patron:  St. John of Shanghai & San Francisco

Jurisdiction: ROCA
Bishop: Metropolitan Agafangel [Pashovsky] of Odessa
Vladyka Agafangel will go down in history as a true hero for saving ROCOR.

Parishes:
2008-      Annunciation   Liberty   TN   ROCOR     Fr. Gregory Williams
2007-08    St. Martin's   Corvallis OR   RocorMP   Fr. James Baglien
2005-07    St. Martin's   Corvallis OR   ROCOR     Fr. James Baglien
2001-05    St. Stephen    Old Forge PA   ROCOR     Fr. German Ciuba
1999-01    Annunciation   Liberty   TN   ROCOR     Fr. Gregory Williams
1999-99    Holy Trinity   Rochelle  TX   ROCOR     Fr. Patrick Hubbard †2000
1998-99    St. Nicholas'  Stratford CT   ROCOR     Fr. Stavros Rousos
1995-98    St. Symeon's   B'ham     AL   OCA       Fr. Alexander Fecanin



I assert that ROCOR under Vladyka Agafangel is the sole valid continuation of ROCOR.

For the Record:
If I ever leave comments on other blogs, forums videos, etc., I always clearly identify myself.  I use no other name besides "Joanna Higginbotham" nor any nicknames nor pseudonyms.  With one exception:  in 2008 I used the pseudonym "Farkleberry".  It links to my same profile that now uses Joanna or Joanna Higginbotham.  So there is no doubt it is I.

My teachers:
I choose my teachers very carefully.   Fr. Seraphim Rose is my first earthly teacher.  After that I accept instruction from my ROCA synod, ROCA clergy and my ROCA brethren more experienced than I in the Faith.  My teachers are hardcore "lifers" in ROCA.   Anyone else who tries to teach me something is probably wasting their breath.  Especially somebody in a younger generation.   Catechumens and newly baptized (at least the first year) should refrain from getting "teachy" with anyone, regardless. 


Also see:
About the Spiritual and Moral Significance of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia
Saint John of Shanghai & San Francisco


 Things I like from the world:

 Favorite music 
 Pineapple Rag 

 Favorite movies
 Purdie Wars 
 Beverly Hillbillies: Collard Greens

 Favorite book 
 People of the Lie 
 M. Scott Peck





___________________________________________________________________

ABOUT THE NAME HIGGINBOTHAM

Old German.  Ickenbaum  Hiknebotham  Higginbotham
Dutch.  Hoogenboom   Hogenboham  Higinbotham

Hoogenboom is thought likely to be a corruption of Higginbotham, which would mean "lofty tree" though there are some who hold that the Dutch word is Eikenboom, answering of the German Eichenbaum, an oak tree.

Hiknebotham. Higginbotham. Dutch . . Hoogenboom. Hogenboham. Higinbotham. In the earlier documents the name is frequently spelt Higinbothom

other spellings:  Higenbottam.  Higgenbotham.


English (Lancashire and Yorkshire): habitational name from a place in Lancashire now known as Oakenbottom. The history of the place name is somewhat confused, but it is probably composed of the Old English elements ǣcen or ācen ‘oaken’ + botme ‘broad valley’. During the Middle Ages this name became successively Eakenbottom and Ickenbottom, the first element becoming associated with the dialect word hicken or higgen ‘mountain ash’ or the personal name Higgin.



Story
I had never heard the name Higginbotham until I met Mr. Higginbotham.  It sounded so strange to me, laughable, it reminded me of "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle".  Mr. Higginbotham said his ancestors were German.   But in the years that followed, all of the people who commented to me about the name thought it was English.

No relation to us, there was a Higginbotham Oil Company in Pelham, Alabama, just two towns north of us. The long tankers would be seen frequently on the roads.  I used to tease Mr. Higginbotham, "Do you know why that tanker truck is so long?"  "No. Why?"   "So's to fit all them letters in your name."  Every time I asked him if he knew why that tanker truck was so long, he'd always answer, "No. Why?"


_________________________________
As of January 3, 2016 here is the list of the only places where I leave comments.  
 Remnant Rocor blogspot (and its satellites)
 Internet Sobor
 KFTU blogspot
 Amazon 
Any comment left by a "Joanna Higginbotham" on another spot on the internet is the work of one of my enemies, with these exceptions:
     January 6, 2015  https://www.change.org/p/ministerio-de-justicia-gobierno-chileno-se-ha-cometido-un-ultraje?

Joseph Suaiden NFTU is a jurisdictional ecumenist, and a psychopath.